If you suspect it, report it - call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline - 0800 789 321
Use the Anti-Terrorist Hotline to report something suspicious or out-of-place, or if you’re unsure about someone’s behaviour or activities – your call could be vital to us, however unsure you may be. Trust your instincts.
A Textphone facility for people who are deaf or who have hearing difficulties is available on 0800 0324 539. Remember to always dial 999 in an emergency.
The Anti-Terrorist Hotline is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. All calls and information are treated in the strictest of confidence. All information received by the hotline is thoroughly investigated by specialist officers before any police action is considered.
Everyone has a role to play in fighting terrorism and the public are being encouraged to contact the confidential Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321 if they see any activity or behaviour they think is suspicious.
The threat to the UK from terrorism remains real and serious, and public vigilance and awareness is crucial in helping to create a hostile environment for terrorists. Just one piece of information could be vital in helping disrupt terrorist planning and, in turn, save lives.
Police want people to look out for the unusual - some activity or behaviour which strikes them as not quite right and out of place in their normal day-to-day lives, for example:
- Terrorists need storage - Lock-ups, garages and sheds can all be used by terrorists to store equipment. Are you suspicious of anyone renting commercial property?
- Terrorists use chemicals - Do you know someone buying large or unusual quantities of chemicals for no obvious reason?
- Terrorists need funding - Cheque and credit card fraud are ways of generating cash. Have you seen any suspicious transactions?
- Terrorists use multiple identities - Do you know someone with documents in different names for no obvious reason?
- Terrorists need information - Do you know someone taking an interest in security, like CCTV cameras for no obvious reason?
- Terrorists need transport - If you work in commercial vehicle hire or sales, has a sale or rental made you suspicious?
If you notice suspicious bags, behaviour or vehicles which pose an imminent threat, call 999 immediately.