Acting Superintendent Rory Freeman is Head of Criminal Justice at Thames Valley Police.
The Criminal Justice department is responsible for the strategic and operational delivery of criminal justice within Thames Valley Police.
This is from when a person is charged with an offence through to the completion of the judicial process.
The aims of the Criminal Justice department are:
- To enable and support Basic Command Units (Oxfordshire, Berkshire East, Berkshire West, Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes), departments and partners in delivering justice, by improving the part that the Criminal Justice department plays in the Criminal Justice system.
- To make sure that offenders are dealt with effectively.
- To provide support to officers dealing with the prosecution process – from the initial registration of a file through to finalising case papers.
The vision for the department through to 2010/11 is:
- Protecting the public by bringing offenders to justice.
- Supporting the officers and staff out on the streets.
- Treating people as we would expect to be treated ourselves.