Making a complaint

Thames Valley Police takes complaints very seriously.

All complaints are overseen by the Professional Standards Department.

Alternatively, you can call to make a complaint – call 101, the Thames Valley Police non-emergency number, or write to:

Professional Standards department
Thames Valley Police Headquarters South
OX5 2NX.
Contact the Professional Standards department.

Complaints against the Chief Constable

The Police and Crime Commissioner's office has a statutory duty to consider complaints against the Chief Constable. If you wish to make a complaint against the Chief Constable please write to:

The Chief Executive
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Thames Valley
The Farmhouse
Oxford Road
Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) website (opens new window).

Please note that the Commissioner's Office cannot investigate complaints made anonymously.

Your local policing area commander.

Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC)

How to make a complaint through the IPCC (opens new window).

Other ways to make a complaint

Further information

Additional software

You may need to download Adobe Reader (opens new window) to view files in PDF format.

You may need to download Microsoft Office Word viewer software (opens new window) to view Word files.

You may need to download Microsoft Office Excel viewer software (opens new window) to view Excel files.