The Fingerprint Bureau will take fingerprints of members of the public who are currently residing in the UK, where you require ‘police clearance’ or ‘good conduct’ certificates from abroad.
We do not have any authority to take prints for passports or renewals of passports. You should be redirected back to your embassy who will arrange this for you.
How to book an appointment
Contact the Thames Valley Police Fingerprint Bureau Tenprint Team on 01865 855609 between the hours of 8.30am and 9.30pm Monday to Friday, and 8.30am to 3.30pm Saturday and Sunday.
Appointments start at 8.30am and run until 12.00pm. They are usually held every Thursday. They are strictly by appointment only and are about 30 minutes long.
To have your fingerprints taken, you will need to travel to: Thames Valley Police Headquarters North, Oxford Spires Business Park, Langford Lane, Kidlington, Oxfordshire, OX5 1NZ.
Documentation/proof of identity
- You will need to bring your current passport or a full UK photo driving licence as proof of your identity.
- We are unable to take your prints without this documentation.
- Please bring any other documentation that you may have received in connection with the taking of your fingerprints.
Customers are required to make a payment for this service. The charge is £60 for the first set taken, plus £30 for each additional set, per person. This is a nationally set charge.
Payment can be made by either cash or cheque. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Thames Valley Police’. We do not accept payment by debit or credit card.
- Please contact us on 01865 855609 if you need to cancel your appointment. Please give us as much notice as possible.
- A cancellation fee may be incurred if we are not informed.