Film and image requests
Please contact the Communications Service Desk to request to use Thames Valley Police images in your publication.
Filmmakers can request assistance with TV/radio documentaries or fictional programmes by contacting our Press Bureau.
How do I request to film with the police?
- Email a letter to the Press Bureau.
- Only written requests will be considered.
- Please leave a contact number.
- You will receive a follow-up call within seven days of making your request.
What should my request include?
To allow us to deal with your request quickly, please make sure you include:
- Whether the documentary or programme has been commissioned – if so, by who and its likely transmission date.
- The purpose of the filming – do you aim to illustrate a particular point?
- Timescales - when would you like filming to take place?
- Preferred location, or the Force department that you wish to film with - and reason for this.
- Whether you are filming with any other organisations or police forces. If not, why are you approaching only Thames Valley Police?
- References of previous filming, including a contact name and number.
Why do requests need to be fully considered?
Sometimes, operational commitments mean that we can’t help as much as we’d like to. We need to fully consider:
- Sensitivity and legal status of subject matter.
- The amount of work and resources involved for Thames Valley Police, given other commitments at that time.
- Our ability to meet your filming timescales.
- The agreement of relevant staff to be filmed.
- The film’s possible benefits to the Force and the general public.