Oxford Barton / Risinghurst neighbourhood
The following priorities have been identified by the community and the police:
- Youth related Anti-Social Behaviour. Bonney Banks Park - under 10s from traveller families bullying other children and charge them for using the equipment most days after school. Underhill Circus – older boys congregate around shops and houses. Richards Way – local youths shout abuse and act in a rowdy manner around the play area. Minor acts of damage and vandalism, disputes amongst individual teenagers have often resulted into overall perception of a worse situation than is it is.
- Speeding. Has been identified as an issue in Risinghurst particularly around the Collinwood Road / A40 junction where residents believe that commuters are using Risinghurst as a “rat run”.
- Parking and Off Road Bikes. Parking issues around Sandhills Primary School and Terrett Avenue during drop off / pick up times. Overflow parking from Thornhill Park and Ride and general parking issues in Risinghurst areas and also the McDonalds restaurant. There are off road bike concerns around the Sandhills estate. Most incidents occur at weekends.
- Dog fouling. Around the outskirts of Risinghurst, particularly the nature reserve and footpaths skirting the estates.
These are being dealt with by your neighbourhood policing team in partnership with residents and other agencies. Progress will be reported in the Neighbourhood updates.
Have Your Say meetings
Meet your local neighbourhood officers and have your say on policing priorities and concerns in your local area.
Find out more about Have Your Say meetings.
Type: Have Your Say Meeting
Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2013
Time: 12:00 - 14:00
Venue: Barton Police Office on Underhill Circus
Contact: PCSO Carol Henry
- Acting Inspector Rachel Patterson
- Sergeant Penelope Nightingale
- Acting Sergeant Neil Bouse
- PC Dawn Evans
- PCSO Libbie Stiff
- PCSO Nigel Pearce
- PCSO Carol Henry