The following priorities have been identified by the community and the police:
- Burglary. Burglary as a whole is a traumatic experience for all its victims and as such Thames Valley Police have made it a force priority. The Neighbourhood Policing team will play its part in combating burglary and will carry out pro active crime reduction operations in areas that via analysis and local knowledge are deemed vulnerable to this type of crime. Roads that wil be focused on will be Candlemass Lane and Cherry Tree Road.
- Anti Social Behaviour. Areas in both Holtspur and the Old Town Beaconsfield have been identified as areas of Anti Social Behaviour. The Neighbourhood Policing Team will continue to work together with our partner agencies, youths and residents to tackle this. By the use of engagement, diversion, problem solving and the appropriate use of current Anti Social Behaviour legislation we will continue to build on the good work that has seen a reduction in this type of crime over the past year.
- Speeding. Several roads have been identified by the local community as areas that are vulnerable to speeding. The 3 roads being focused on at the moment are Baring Road, Gregories Road and Burkes Road. Together with volunteers the Neighbourhood Policing Team use a hand held Speed Indicator Device to monitor the traffic on these roads as well as carry out laser speed enforcement operations. By working with the community and local agencies we aim to increase awareness and therefore reduce speeding as well as share information with other agencies that could be used to introduce road calming measures if appropriate.
These are being dealt with by your neighbourhood policing team in partnership with residents and other agencies. Progress will be reported in the Neighbourhood updates.
Have Your Say meetings
Meet your local neighbourhood officers and have your say on policing priorities and concerns in your local area.
Find out more about Have Your Say meetings.
Type: Community Event
Date: Monday, 01 December 2014
Time: 13:00 - 20:00
Venue: Cherry Tree Road, Holtspur (at junction of Rowan Close)
- Acting Inspector Gill Fox
- Acting Sergeant Rachel Dale
- PC Andy Thorpe
- PCSO Denise Hawkes
- PCSO David Wenham
- PCSO Vijay Desai
- PCSO Edward Clements
- PCSO Kelsey Johnstone