The Fingerprint Bureau will take fingerprints of members of the public who are currently residing in the UK, where you require ‘police clearance’ or ‘good conduct’ certificates from abroad.
We do not have any authority to take prints for passports or renewals of passports. You should be redirected back to your embassy who will arrange this for you.
If you require a UK police clearance check, contact Disclosure and Barring Service (previously called CRB).
Contact ACRO if you require a Subject Access Request or a Police Certificate for Immigration Visa Purposes.
How to book an appointment
Contact the Thames Valley Police Fingerprint Bureau on 01865 846569 between the hours of 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday.
Appointments start at 8.30am and run until 12pm every Thursday morning. Bookings are strictly by appointment only and are about 30 minutes long.
To have your fingerprints taken, you will need to travel to:
Thames Valley Police Headquarters South, Oxford Road, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2NX.
(There is a car park available for this service).
This service is not available at your local Police Station.
Documentation/proof of identity
- You will need to bring your current passport or a full UK photo driving licence as proof of your identity. (Photocopies will not be accepted)
- We are unable to take your fingerprints without this documentation.
- Please bring any other documentation that you may have received in connection with the taking of your fingerprints.
Customers are required to make a payment for this service. This nationally set charge is £74.00 for the first set taken, plus £36.90 for each additional set, per person.
Payment can be made by either cash or cheque. If paying in Cash, please ensure that you have the correct money available as providing change can be difficult. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Thames Valley Police’. We do not accept payment by debit or credit card.
- Please contact us if you need to cancel your appointment, giving us as much notice as possible.
- A cancellation fee may be incurred if we are not informed.