Skip to content
Skip to site navigation
On public transport
- Plan your journey in advance, make sure you know your route and stop.
- Check the times of the last trains and buses.
- Always try to wait for your bus or train in a well-lit place.
- Have your ticket, pass or change ready in your hand so your purse of wallet is out of sight. Keep bags zipped and valuables secure.
- If you feel concerned about your safety on the bus, sit close to the driver. If you are on the train, move to a carriage where there are other people.
- Report any unattended bags, luggage or suspicious activity immediately to a member of staff, or a police officer.
Subject related information