Christmas car crime tips
5 car crime top tips for a crime-free Christmas
- Make sure nothing is left on display in your car. Even small belongings can be tempting to a thief. Never think leaving items in the boot is safe either, who is to say someone didn't see you leave them there?
- Bill if your car is broken into:
Excess for insurance: £50
Stolen presents: £250
Having your car valeted to remove glass: £15
Left feeling annoyed, stupid and embarrassed, not mentioning present-less. It’s not worth it! Lock your vehicle, leaving nothing of value inside, to ensure a crime free enjoyable Christmas!
- Help drive thieves’ crackers this Christmas by giving extra thought to your personal and vehicle security. When considering where to park, look for a well lit, busy area. For additional security look out for the Park Mark security approved car parks.
- Never leave your keys in the ignition while your vehicle is unattended, even for a few minutes. Thieves will steal cars that have been left with the engine running to defrost the windows.
- Car crime accounts for more than a quarter of all reported crime in the UK, so always take precautions and lock your car, making sure windows are closed, even if you’re away from your vehicle for just a few minutes.
Have a happy and crime free Christmas!