Speak out this Christmas
Speak out this Christmas against domestic abuse
- Domestic abuse can take many forms, it doesn’t have to be physical violence. It includes emotional, sexual or financial abuse as well as violence. First port of call is the police.
- Are you afraid of your partner, ex-partner or family member? Do you avoid family and friends because of your partner? Do you feel as if you are walking on egg shells at home? Is your partner charming one minute and abusive the next? If you say yes to one or more of these then you may be suffering domestic abuse.
- Everyone's situation and circumstances are different; however the need to keep yourself and your children safe is of the utmost importance. Remember it is not your fault and there is help available.
- How far will you let it go? Speak up... before it is too late. If you know someone is suffering domestic abuse, help them. Make that call.
- Are you worried about your abusive behaviour towards your partner?Have you even been violent towards your partner? You can choose to stop. Contact Respect on 0808 802 4040 for help and support.
If you need help and advice about domestic abuse, dial 101 or 999 in an emergency or visit www.speakouttoday.co.uk (opens new window).