Why report a hate crime?
- Always report a hate crime. You’ve not done anything wrong and have a right to be protected.
- Hate crime offenders must not be allowed to get away with this type of behaviour. If you don’t report it, the offender may commit similar crimes.
- You can report hate crime even if you were not the target but witnessed an incident that you thought was a hate crime.
How we deal with hate crime reports
When Thames Valley Police receives a hate crime report, we will:
- Deal with incidents and complaints promptly and sensitively.
- Respect the victim’s views and treat them professionally.
- Inform and work with a community and diversity officer during the investigation.
- Keep the victim informed of any progress and the outcome of a complaint.
Support and advice
An independent charity who take confidential reports of hate crime.
0800 138 1625
Support for victims of crime
0845 30 30 900
Information and guidance on discrimination and human rights issues.
0845 604 6610
For help and advice