Question and Answer - Q652
What should I do if I suspect my neighbour has an illegal type of dog?
You can contact your local police station or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 and report the information to them. Q651 has a list of the types of dog that are illegal to own in the UK.
The police will make any necessary enquiries and take appropriate action most likely in conjunction with the Dog Warden Service. if you are concerned over the way a dog is being treated, you may want to make enquiries with the RSPCA who will be able to offer advice.
- Can I have some information on how I can become a dog handler/ trainer in the police?
- Can the police do anything about people who let their dogs foul on the pavement?
- Do the police do any courses for dog owners?
- Does my dog have to wear a collar with my name and address on it?
- I am a postman/milkman/charity collector etc and when I was delivering to a house a dog bit me when I was in their garden, what action can I take?
- I am concerned that a neighbour is being cruel to his dog, what can I do?
- I have found a dog, what do I do?
- I have knocked over an animal, do I have to report it?
- I have lost my dog, what do I do?
- I want to offer a dog to the police service, what breed/age of dogs do you accept?
- My dog is really afraid of fireworks, do you have any advice?
- My pet has been attacked by a dog can the police do anything?
- My school is doing a project on police dogs, can we have a visit?
- The dog next door is always barking, what can I do?
- There is a dog in a vehicle that appears hot and distressed, what should I do?
- There is a dog that lives down the street and the owner has let it out without a lead and it has bitten me, what can I do?
- There is a stray dog that is hanging around my neighbourhood, what should I do?
- What action can be taken with regards to a dangerous dog?
- What happens if my pet dog bites an intruder in my house?
- What type of dogs are illegal to own?