Cycling - frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions about the selected topic - Cycling.
- Can a cyclist commit dangerous driving?
- Can cyclists be prosecuted for drink driving on a pedal cycle?
- Can I carry a passenger on my pedal cycle?
- Can I listen to my MP3 or ipod player whilst driving a car or riding a bicycle?
- Can I use a mobile phone whilst cycling?
- Do I have to wear a helmet when cycling?
- I have been injured by a cyclist who was riding dangerously and/or carelessly. Can I report this to the Police?
- I have seen some electrically assisted pedal cycles advertised are they legal to use on the roads without insurance etc?
- Is it illegal to ride a pedal cycle on the footpath?
- What lighting do I have to have on my bike at night?