Policing the partyYou are here:
We aim to make Reading Festival enjoyable for all, by making it as safe and crime-free as possible.
Our aims throughout the event are to:
- Assist the event organisers, local authorities and other relevant agencies to help ensure the safety of everyone at the event.
- Deter and respond to anti-social behaviour, including public disorder.
- Prevent crime and take all reasonable steps to investigate and detect it.
- Provide an effective response to the unlawful possession and supply of illegal drugs.
- Coordinate the response to - and manage the effects of - an emergency or major incident.
- Conduct open and honest engagement with the local community and partners.
- Lawfully gather intelligence.
- When appropriate, support the event organisers and partners to enforce licensing conditions.
- Provide reassurance to the local community.