Have fun while staying safe
To help ensure you remain safe when you go out in the evening and may be staying out late, please read the following advice:
- Try to avoid walking home alone at night. Wherever possible, use public transport and travel with friends.
- Don't walk along talking on your mobile phone. You may not be fully aware of what is going on around you.
- When going out, only take with you the money you need for the night, and keep your wallet or purse somewhere safe.
- Don't accept drinks from strangers and never leave your drink unattended.
- Never share access codes for halls of residence with anyone who is not a resident of your house, flat or halls of residence.
- Never accept a lift from someone you don't know, even if you are cold, tired or it's very late.
- Avoid using shortcuts and badly-lit areas.