Calcot and Tilehurst neighbourhood
Local priorities - 'You said, We did'
The following priorities have been identified by the community and the police:
You said: Parking around Schools - Tilehurst
Reports of parking issues around the local schools in Tilehurst
1. Active high visibility patrols of the schools in question have been carried out and parking issues have been looked at. We have engaged with parents and discussed issues with all relevant persons. 2. We had a meetings with the Head Teacher and staff in order to discuss how they see issues and the steps they can take to help assist us with the issue. 3. We have sent out letters to any offending vehicles.
You said: Drug Dealing - Tilehurst
Possible drug dealing intelligence from multiple locations
1. We have been conducting low visibility patrols and foot patrols in mentioned areas of interest which the public have brought to our attention. 2. Intelligence that has been received is worked on for futher investigation and handed to relevant officer/staff for us to process and give us a greater understanding of the scenario. 3. Planned operations are underway to target individuals and locations.
You said: Speeding - Bath Road
Reports of vehicles speeding along the Bath Road
1. Having identified high risk times and dangerous times, the team conducted High Visibilty foot patrols in the areas at key times and around school finishing times to decrease the danger to school children. 2. Meetings with West Berkshire council and other facilities in regards to the issue after the implementation of the new lane and traffic lights.
You said: Mini Moto's in Calcot Parks
Reports received regarding Mini Moto's being ridden around the parks in Calcot
1. Having identified high risk times where offences were most likely to occur the team conducted High Visibility patrols in the area and foot patrols around Linear Park. 2. Section 59's given to multiple males seen and spoken to whom were riding on park in the Calcot area. 3. Operations run and continuing to be set up in regards to identifiying offenders and handing out more Section 59's in relation to offences.
You said: Parking - Calcot
Parking issues around the local neighbourhood
1. Monitoring of the situation and looking at parking issues at different times of the day. 2. Words of advice given to residents of multiple porperties and discussions with the local parish in regards to current parking issues. 3. High Visibility patrols have been carried out in the months following on from the above discussions.
These are being dealt with by your neighbourhood policing team in partnership with residents and other agencies. Progress will be reported in the Neighbourhood updates.
Have Your Say events
Meet your local neighbourhood officers, in person or online, to have your say on policing priorities and concerns in your local area.
Find out more about Have Your Say meetings.
No meetings are currently scheduled
Inspector Chris Ward
Sergeant Michael Adams
PC Jason Murphy
PCSO Aaron Ferries
PCSO Steven Innes