How to register
If you're registering for the first time you’ll need to start the process online.
We'll ask you for:
- personal details
- contact details
- family member’s details (if required)
- passport details
- visa/Travel details
- study/employment details and access/ability to upload a passport style photograph
Your photo must:
- be taken against a plain, light-coloured background
- contain no other objects or people
- not have any shadows on your face or behind you
- be taken in the last month
In your photo you must:
- be facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- have a plain expression and your mouth closed
- have your eyes open and visible
- not have hair covering your eyes
- not wear anything on your head (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
There is a 20 minute time limit for completing the registration process and you won't be able to save your form, so please make sure you have everything before you start.
Once you’ve given us the details above you’ll be asked to make an appointment. Appointments will be at a police station of your choice within the Thames Valley area. You can use our station finder below to find one.
You are required to have one account per person (one email address per person), so use an email address that you are likely to continue using throughout your time in the UK.
On the appointment screen, Abingdon police station is the default venue. Click where it says ‘Abingdon police station’ and it will bring down a list of all the other available venues.
Start your registration
Getting a replacement certificate
Your police registration certificate (PRC) is a legal document.
If you've lost your police registration certificate or it's been stolen you'll be asked about the circumstances surrounding the loss or theft of your certificate during your appointment with the police.
Please note that a replacement certificate must be paid for so only apply for a replacement certificate once all methods of finding the certificate have been exhausted.
To request a new certificate and obtain an appointment to complete the process you'll need to use our online system.
Appointments will be at a police station of your choice within the Thames Valley area.
If you have any questions or issues, please email us.