Accessible contact methods

How to contact us if you are deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech impaired.

We have a number of alternative contact options for the members of our community who have a disability or illness which makes it hard for them to communicate with us. 


If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired you can contact us on: 

  • 18000 - for emergencies
  • 18001 101 - for non-emergency enquiries

Text Relay

The UK’s text to voice relay service allows text-users and phone-users to have a conversation in real time. Relay assistants speak what a text-user has typed to a phone-user, and then type the phone-users spoken reply back to the text-user. 

Visit the Text Relay website for further information. 

RNID emergency SMS

Make emergency contact by text message (SMS) to the police. 

Visit the Emergency SMS website for more information. 


Is there anything wrong with this page?

Help us improve this website

Please do not use this form to report an incident or crime, and please do not include any sensitive or confidential information.

Please note that your IP address will be captured and included along with your form submission.

You are responsible for all information that you have entered into this form.