Names and contact details for getting in touch with our media team.
The media team will be happy to help you with any media enquiries that have a policing purpose or concern incidents that are being responded to or investigated by the force. The more information you provide the better equipped the media team are to assist with your enquiry.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm, and 9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday.
For urgent media enquiries after closing hours, contact the control room inspector (01865 291029). You may be asked to leave a message and they will get back to you as soon as possible. At least one person will be available to take urgent media queries 24/7.
Contact the media team by:
- Phone: 01865 542047
- Email: PressOffice@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
- Michelle Campbell - media team manager
- James Williams - senior media officer
- Lucy Billen - media officer
- Hannah Jones - media officer
- Gareth Ford-Lloyd - media officer
- Jack Abell - media officer
- Jessica Rodgerson - media support assistant
- Holly Claydon-Bevan - media officer
The media team will be happy to help you with any media enquiries that have a policing purpose or any enquiries about incidents that are being responded to or investigated by the Force. We deal with more than 10,000 media enquiries a year so our phone lines are extremely busy. If you cannot get through to the office on the phone please email email@example.com with details of your enquiry. The more information you provide the better equipped the media team are to assist with your enquiry. The team manages the communications for a number of ongoing operational incidents and investigations, including murders, sexual offences and declared major incidents, therefore we have to respond to media enquiries in order of priority.
Some further guidance on media enquiries:
- Please be aware that we require a road name and a time and date to find details of incidents on our systems.
- Generally, unless there are reporting restrictions or safeguarding issues, we provide mugshots of defendants who have received 18 months or more in custody. To request a mugshot you must provide the media team with the defendants’ name, age or date or birth, address, details of the offence(s) and sentence.
- We can answer enquiries about fatal or serious RTCs but we do not answer enquiries about damage-only RTCs or broken down vehicles.
- FOIs have to be requested via firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more details please visit our request information page.
- More than 800 TVP officers and staff communicate with the public on Twitter. We encourage the public and media to engage in a dialogue on twitter.
- Our policy is we do not confirm or deny identities of suspects or those arrested. We only confirm identities of those who have been charged.
- In general, the media team will only confirm the identity of murder victims when they have been formally identified.
- For documentary requests please ask for a form by emailing email@example.com