Discover how you can become a Cadet with Thames Valley Police.
The scheme aims to give young people between the ages of 13 and 18 an opportunity to develop their qualities and skills through a structured programme, and to enhance the relationship between the public and police. You will take part in neighbourhood policing initiatives, plus community activities and events.
We currently have police cadet units in:
- Aylesbury (based in Aylesbury)
- Bracknell and Wokingham (based in Bracknell)
- Cherwell and West Oxon (based in Banbury, Bicester and Witney)
- Chiltern and South Bucks (based in Beaconsfield)
- Milton Keynes (based in Milton Keynes Central)
- Oxford (based in Oxford City Centre)
- Reading (based in Reading)
- Slough (based in Slough)
- South Oxon and Vale (based in Abingdon)
- West Berkshire (based in Newbury)
- Windsor and Maidenhead (based in Windsor)
- Wycombe (based in High Wycombe)
To join, please register an ‘expression of interest’ by emailing the cadet recruitment team on: email@example.com.
Please note that expressions of interest and/or applications from 13-16 year-olds will be prioritised over 17-year-olds in order that they can have sufficient time on a unit to complete the curriculum. However, those over 16 years old are still welcome to contact the team to discuss their interest and circumstances.
Please include your full name, address, date of birth, contact details and the location you would like to join, along with a short description of why you are interested in joining.
If there are no current vacancies, your details will be held until that unit has places available.
If you are contacted, you will then be sent an application form to fill in followed by an invitation to attend a face-to-face interview.
If you are over 18 and interested in becoming a cadet leader and wish to find out more you can also email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can visit our Volunteers page to apply to become a leader.