Thames Valley Police is now open for Police Officer recruitment
As a police officer, you’ll be helping us to make a difference by making life safer and more secure in our communities. It’s a role that can be challenging, but also highly rewarding and exciting. Your day will be constantly changing and no two are ever the same.
We are looking for candidates who are both professional and approachable, who can build relationships with their communities and colleagues. You need to be enthusiastic, reliable, self-disciplined, flexible and confident enough to take control of situations.
To be eligible to join as a police officer, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a British or Commonwealth citizen or an EU/European Economic Area national
- have leave to remain in the UK indefinitely
- have a full manual UK or EEA driving licence
- have two A levels, grade A-E, or equivalent, or higher
- have a Certificate in Knowledge of Policing (CKP)
- not have served any period of imprisonment or youth detention
- be in good health, of sound constitution and able to physically and mentally perform the duties of a police officer once appointed
- not have piercings or tattoos which could cause offence
- not have applied unsuccessfully within the last 6 months
- live within 20 crow miles of two of our main police stations by formal offer of appointment. Consideration might be given to those living within 20 crow miles of one police station and up to 30 crow miles of another of our main police stations. Priority will be given to those who can be posted to Oxford, Slough or Reading. A degree of flexibility is expected in terms of postings.
The first stage of the recruitment process is to email the People Services recruitment team at email@example.com with the following information:
- full name
- contact telephone number
- highest educational qualification
- CKP - yes/no
- postcode of home address
Emails will be dealt with on a first come, first served basis and a member of the People Services recruitment team will assess whether or not you are eligible to apply. Any emails received with missing information will be returned and therefore cause delay. If eligible to apply, you will be sent a link to the application form.