Thames Valley Police is now open for Police Officer recruitment
As a police officer, you’ll be helping us to make a difference by making life safer and more secure in our communities. It’s a role that can be challenging, but also highly rewarding and exciting. Your day will be constantly changing and no two are ever the same.
We are looking for candidates who are both professional and approachable, who can build relationships with their communities and colleagues. You need to be enthusiastic, reliable, self-disciplined, flexible and confident enough to take control of situations.
To be eligible to join as a police officer, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a British or Commonwealth citizen or an EU/European Economic Area national
- have leave to remain in the UK indefinitely
- have a full manual UK or EEA driving licence
- have two A levels, grade A-E, or equivalent, or higher
- have a Certificate in Knowledge of Policing (CKP)
- not have served any period of imprisonment or youth detention
- be in good health, of sound constitution and able to physically and mentally perform the duties of a police officer once appointed
- not have piercings or tattoos which could cause offence
- not have applied unsuccessfully within the last 6 months
- live within 20 crow miles of two of our main police stations by formal offer of appointment. Consideration might be given to those living within 20 crow miles of one police station and up to 30 crow miles of another of our main police stations. Priority will be given to those who can be posted to Oxford, Slough or Reading. A degree of flexibility is expected in terms of postings.
The first stage of the recruitment process is to attend an eligibility event. This is an informative session for a morning or afternoon where we will check your documents, assess whether you are eligible to apply, run through the recruitment process and answer any questions you may have. Visit our careers portal for details on how to book your place.