Tips to ensure your forms are processed as quickly as possible.
Before submitting your application, please read through our useful tips and common errors to ensure your forms are processed as quickly as possible.
- Read the guidance notes before completing your application.
- Ensure you fill in all relevant sections of your application form correctly. Any incomplete forms will be returned to you - the applicant.
- Submit your application form in good time – at least eight weeks prior to the expiry date on your current certificate
- Include a full copy of your current certificate(s), including table one and two.
- Include for Section 1 Firearms applications the address of one area of land where you have permission to shoot, together with a name, address and telephone number of the person who has given you permission and/or a membership card from your shooting club together with your shooting records for the last five years.
Small errors can cause delays in processing application forms as any incomplete forms will be returned to you – the applicant.
Please keep an eye out for the following common errors when completing your application.
- Unsigned photo/old photos
- Incorrect cheque payment/incorrect payee
- Page one declaration unsigned and undated
- Page seven declaration unsigned and undated
- Part B (page one) medical information incomplete
- Referee details incomplete.