Find out more about our aims and priorities for Thames Valley.
We are committed to working together to make our communities safer.
We will do this by preventing and thoroughly investigating crime, supporting victims and bringing offenders to justice. With our people, public and partners we will build stronger, more resilient communities and will provide a modern police force which meets the needs of the public we serve.
The Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) outlines the priorities for the Thames Valley and how we will work with partners to achieve them in the Police and Crime Plan. Further information is available in the latest Thames Valley Police Strategic Plan Summary:
We aim to:
- cut crimes that are of most concern to the community,
- increase the visible presence of the police,
- protect our communities from the most serious harm,
- improve communication with the public in order to build trust and confidence within our communities,
- tackle bureaucracy and develop the professional skills of all staff,
- reduce costs and protect the front line.
To foster the trust and confidence of our community, we will:
- take pride in delivering a high-quality service and keeping our promises,
- engage, listen and respond,
- learn from experience and always seek to improve.
We are committed to promoting equality within our workforce, removing all forms of discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity for all. Thames Valley is home to a diverse set of communities and we understand the importance of making sure our workforce reflects this diversity.