If you have reported a crime or incident that has taken place in Thames Valley then your feedback is very important to us.

Your feedback lets us know how well we responded to you and what we need to do to be able to provide a better service to victims, or anyone who calls on our services.

Why did I receive a text message from Thames Valley Police?

If you received a text message from us it is because our records show that your mobile number recently contacted Thames Valley Police in order to report an incident or crime. We appreciate you taking the time to complete our very short survey (two questions) by responding to the text you received (your usual charges will apply).

How can I be sure that the text message is genuine?

You can confirm that the text you received was sent by us by checking the number it came from: 07860020479 (this may also show as +447860020479).

We work with the London School of Economics to undertake this text survey on a monthly basis. We also undertake separate surveys by telephone through Leicestershire Police and MEL Research.

Do I have to take part in your surveys?

Taking part in our surveys is entirely voluntary. Whether or not you choose to participate will have no impact on your case.

You may also opt out and not receive future survey messages from us on this mobile number. To do this, please e-mail us at [email protected] with details of the phone number that we contacted you on.

You can withdraw your consent for us to use your response to this survey at any time in the future.

Thames Valley Police takes your privacy very seriously, see our privacy notice for full details.

What happens to the survey responses?

The survey responses give us a view of how satisfied victims and callers are with our service at a force-wide level.

Responses are also reviewed by the relevant local command team so that they can pick up any immediate areas for improvement and recognise when a good service has been provided.

How do I get an update on my report/ crime?

If you need a specific update on the incident or crime that you reported to us then please ring 101.

How do I make a formal complaint?

If you are dissatisfied with the service that we have provided and wish to submit a formal complaint to the force then you will need to access the Thanks and Complaints page on our website.