Find out below how to request information the police hold on you or your client.

You can also request details of your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. 

Advice tool


This triage is Complete

Your progress is currently at 0%

Request information about myself, other than my criminal conviction history, for my own personal interest

Thank you. You need to submit a right of access request, which is the official way to request personal information, such as crime reports, that we hold about you on our databases.

Here's how to apply:

Step 1: Download subject access request form (SA1A) and read the guidance notes.

Step 2: Print and complete form SA1A.

You'll also need photocopies or printed scans of at least two different official documents (such as a driving licence) that between them give enough information to prove your:

  • name
  • date of birth
  • current address
  • signature

Step 3: Once complete, please post form SA1A and ID documents to:

Public Access Office
Thames Valley Police Headquarters
Oxford Road

If you need help with your application, you can email the Public Access Office or call us on 018 6554 2051.

Our offices are open Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5pm, and Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.

In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, once you've submitted your request we'll respond within 30 days.

 Please note, it's against the law for an employer, or potential employer, to ask you to perform a right of access request as part of a vetting process.