The child sex offender disclosure scheme, sometimes called ‘Sarah’s Law’, allows parents, carers or guardians to formally ask the police for information about a person who has contact with their child, or a child close to them, if they're concerned the person may pose a risk.

Find out below how to make a request under the child sex offender disclosure scheme.  

Visit your local police station to make a request

To make a request for information, please visit your local police station. An officer or member of staff will take the time to gather all the necessary details and discuss the next steps with you.

We carry out risk assessments at every stage.

Each request is carefully considered in consultation with partner agencies so that disclosure is granted to those best able to protect and safeguard the child. For more information on the scheme, visit Parents Protect.

Police station finder

Location search controls

Find your nearest police station


Showing results for